Investment in Colombia News
President Santos and Unilever Inaugurate the most modern powder laundry detergent plant in the world in Palmira Valle del Cauca
- Unilever has invested US$60 million in the new plant.
- Over the last 3 years, the company has invested US$100 million in Palmira, including this new plant.
- The plant will create 128 new direct jobs and 400 indirect jobs.
- It is the first powder laundry detergent plant that Unilever has opened in Latin America in the last 15 years.
- The factory is equipped with the latest technology to handle high-speed packaging processes.
Invest In Colombia Magazine Article on Cocoa Production and Hotel Investment Opportunities to Support the Industry
Proexport Colombia’s magazine is published in English, French, and Spanish, and is intended as an international entrepreneur guide, with details about all development efforts carried out in every region of Colombia and its main investment attractions. Now available for iOS and Android.
A recent article in the UK publication the Financial Times, highlights the new era in Colombia. The country’s new level of safety and its solid, developing economy are some of the elements that attract foreign investment and important brands like Dolce & Gabbana and the luxury hotel chain W Hotels.
The Valle del Cauca ranks third among destinations for foreign investment in the country according to data recorded by the Central Bank of Colombia (2013).