Investment in Colombia News
The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Tourism and the Turkish Embassy signed a promotion and protection agreement to encourage investments in both countries.
In order to position Colombia as one of the top investment destinations to develop new technologies, the Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications, MinTIC and Proexport Colombia introduced the Colombia Bring IT on campaign as part of the government’s efforts to foster the industry through the 2014-2018 Vive Digital Plan.
Colombia has the perfect conditions to develop the cosmetics and toiletries sector. Entrepreneurs are finding opportunities to invest and establish R&D centers, in addition to distribution and production facilities.
President Santos and Unilever Inaugurate the most modern powder laundry detergent plant in the world in Palmira Valle del Cauca
- Unilever has invested US$60 million in the new plant.
- Over the last 3 years, the company has invested US$100 million in Palmira, including this new plant.
- The plant will create 128 new direct jobs and 400 indirect jobs.
- It is the first powder laundry detergent plant that Unilever has opened in Latin America in the last 15 years.
- The factory is equipped with the latest technology to handle high-speed packaging processes.