Investment in Agribusiness
Investment in Colombia: Agribusiness
According to the FAO, Colombia is 22nd out of 223 countries with a potential in farmland expansion area that can be exploited without affecting the natural forest area. Colombia's farmland potential growth is an estimated 14,5 million hectares.
- Colombia is one of the seven tropical countries with a potential to expand the world's agricultural frontier, without affecting the natural forest (FAO)
- Colombia is the third Latin American country in terms of annual precipitation rates and the eleventh worldwide with 2,612 mm/ year.
- As Colombia is located on the Equator, there are limitless agricultural alternatives possible due to the country's privileged geographic location as a tropical country with a variety of different kinds of soils and an excellent potential for further natural resources.
- Colombia as an export platform: 11 free trade agreements (FTA), allowing preferential access to over 1,500 million consumers.
- There are tax incentives such as an exemption from income tax for long term crop production.
These are some of the reasons to invest in agribusiness in Colombia. Here you can learn in detail about all of these opportunities and more reasons why to make Colombia the chosen destination for your agricultural projects.
Find specific information on the following agribusiness subsectors:
Colombian Agribusiness Sector - 2011
|Goal of inflation||2,0-4,0 %|
|Rates of interest - 23/05/2013|
|Rate of intervention||3,25 %|
|TRM - 23/05/2013|
|Exchange rate (TRM)||$ 1.850,55|
|Nominal depreciation - last 12 months||1,42|