Investment in Manufacturing
Investment in Manufacturing in Colombia
Thanks to the trade agreements signed by Colombia and its geographical location, the country has become a production, distribution and export hub for international markets. Additionally, Colombia offers competitive costs, an attractive domestic market, skilled labor and government support for a safe and profitable investment.
- The manufacturing industry is the third largest in the country, representing 13.3% of the Domestic Value Added and 12.0 % of the GDP in 2012, equivalent to U.S. $ 31.412 billion (DANE, 2013).
- Between 2002 and 2012 the total industry exports tripled from U.S. $ 7.2 billion to U.S. $ 23.198 billion FOB (DANE, 2013).
- Colombia has 13 free trade agreements, and has preferential access to over 1.500 billion consumers.
- Colombia is the 28th in the world’s economy adjusted for Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) and one of the largest non - OECD GDP reaching U.S. $ 502.874 billion in 2012 (IMF, 2013).
- It is also the twenty-eight largest population in the world and the second largest Spanish speaking country with 47.1 million people and a GDP per capita of almost U.S. $ 7,854 in 2012 (IMF, 2013). By international standards, Colombia belongs to the group of countries with upper middle income.
These are just some of the reasons to invest in manufacturing. We invite you to learn additional details about Colombia and why it is the perfect destination for your projects.