Investment in Services
Service Sector Investment in Colombia
Through the Productive Transformation Program, an initiative led by the Colombian government, the country aims to develop world-class industry sectors such as Software and IT Services, Business Process Outsourcing, Energy, and related Goods and Services.
Colombia is a great opportunity for investors focused in the services sector, displaying many competitive advantages. Some of them are:
- The highest availability of qualified human resources in Latin America (IMD, 2008).
- Financial analysts and systems engineers on competitive wages in the region, up to 78% of average labor costs.
- 27,000 engineering graduates and 13,000 technicians.
- The most competitive free ports in Latin America: 15% income tax and the ability to sell to the local market.
- Strategic geographic location, just a three-hour flight from Miami.
In this section find specific information on the following sectors: