Investment in BPO (Outsourcing of Services)
Outsourcing of Services BPO
Colombia is the best option for project development and investment in the sector of IT services and BPO&O, KPO and shared service centers that are looking for an attractive local market, a highly educated workforce, and a strategic position to provide services in Northern, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Western Europe.
The Outsourcing of BPO Services in Colombia grew 61% over the last 4 years (Source: IDC).
According to the Colombian Association of BPO Contact Centers 84.000 jobs were created in 2011 in BPO Basic Voice (Call Operations Centers and Contact Centers mainly).
In December 2011 the research and consulting firm Gartner included Colombia for second year in a row in the report "Top 30 Locations for Offshoring." This publication is carried out annually by BPO specialists in this company which shows the potential of Colombia in this sector worldwide.
- The location of bilingual Contact Centers of medium dimensions (500 stations) for the market of the United States of America and the possibility of extending the portfolio with BPO's operation.
- Latin-American Center for scalable operations of technical support and voice services of high value for IT (regional support of sales, service to the corporate client).
- National Financial sector is solid, consolidated and expanding, without large companies specialized in the market.
- Best option to diversify the risk of an overflow service for operations located in other Latin American countries.
- Opportunities for the creation of shared service centers for Latin America.
- Opportunities for outsourcing companies that offer services of BPO, KPO, ESO, FAO, HRO and research and development.
- Oracle: Regional Sales Center.
- Hewlett Packard: Global Services Center.
- Globant: Software Development Center.
- Cisco: Regional Sales Center.
- IMB: Sales and Services for Spanish-speaking Clients for Latin America.
- SAP: Sales and Services for Spanish-speaking Clients for Latin America.
- UNISYS: TIO Services center Managed for Spanish speakers for Latin America.
- GENPACT (India): Back Office, Accounting and Financial 2011.
- HP (EEUU): Shared Services Center for the attention of worldwide clients (Call center, Back office, amongst others) 2010.
- SAP (Alemania): Regional Sales Center (BPO of Added Value) in Spanish 2010.
- DIRECT TV (EEUU): Attention Center for the client inLatin America (BPO of Basic Voice) in Spanish 2010.
- CONVERGYS (India): Client Service Center (BPO of Voice) in English for the United States market 2010.
- TELEMARK (España): Client attention center (BPO of Voice) in Spanish for the Spanish market 2010.
- AVANZA (España): Client attention center (BPO of Voice) in Spanish for the Spanish market 2010.
- SUTHERLAND (India): BPO of Voice center (Call Center) in English 2010.
- UNISONO (España): Client Attention center (BPO of Voice) in Spanish for the Spanish Market 2010.
- CITIGROUP (EEUU): BPO of Voice Center(Call Center) in Spanish 2010.
- ATENTO (España): Client Attention Center (BPO of voice) in Spanish for the Latin-American market 2001.
Regional Points of Contact
Juan Sebastián Sandino - The United States, Canada and Mexico
Andrés Vargas - Asia, Oceania, Europe (except Spain and Portugal)
Paula González - Central and South America, Spain and Portugal
In Proexport we attend to companies, legal persons and national entities and foreigners who are interested in the direct investment in Colombia.
For the nature of our activities, we do not attend to requirements of investment of natural persons.
We suggest you review our Frequently Asked Questions on Investment in Colombia before you send us your inquiries.
If You are a corporate investor, please fill out our contact form.