Investment in Hotel
Infrastructure and Tourism
Hotel Infrastructure and Tourism
The main benefits for investments in this sector include an income tax exemption for a period of 30 years. This exemption applies to new hotel projects and also for those remodeled and/or expansion projects which began between 2003 to December 2017.
Arrivals of non-resident foreigners to Colombia increased from 1,591,120 in 2012 to 2,288,342 in 2015. It has showed an average increase of 16.3% in 2015 compared to 2014. One of the highest in the region. (Migration Colombia, 2015).
- The impressive performance of the Colombian economy.
- The increase of international tourism arriving to Colombia is above the world's average.
- Appealing incentives for hotel project investments.
- Strategic location and accessible air connectivity.
- Increasing hotel demand and supply.
- Committed workers with outstanding training and education.
- Colombia’s tourist destinations are renowned around the world and provide unique experiences.
- More hotel project ventures as a result of the arrival of more multinational companies.
The above are some of the reasons why you should invest in the hotel infrastructure in Colombia. Take a close look at these and other investment advantages to choose Colombia for your next project.
The hotel and infrastructure sector has the following products to attract investment:
- Wellness: Development of hotels devoted to improve and support health. Construction of thalassotherapy, hot springs, spas and beauty centers (Business Plan, Wellness Tourism – PTP)
- Boyacá, Santander, Norte de Santander, La Guajira, Atlántico, San Andrés y Providencia, Bolívar, Antioquia, Cultural Coffee Landscape, Bogotá.
- Nature: development of eco-luxury hotel projects, including eco-glamping, ecolodges, camping and sustainable green developments to provide access to the nature tourism services available across different regions of Colombia (Business Plan, Nature Tourism – PTP)
- Amazonas, Meta, Boyacá, Magdalena, Antioquia, Chocó, Cultural Coffee Landscape, Bogotá.
- Sun and Beach: Hotels to complement the existing services in Colombian coastal cities.
- Magdalena, San Andrés y Providencia, Bolívar, Chocó.
- Entertainment: development of entertainment projects including theme parks, concert halls and auditoriums, convention centers, etc.
- Bogotá, Santander, Bolívar, Antioquia, Cultural Coffee Landscape, Valle del Cauca.
- Urban: international franchises addressing select services for the corporate sector. Development of long-stay hotel projects.
- Bogotá, Meta, Casanare, Santander, Norte de Santander, Magdalena, Atlántico, Bolívar, Antioquia, Cultural Coffee Landscape, Valle del Cauca, Nariño, Cauca.
- Also, there are possibilities for REITs and investor groups interested in local real estate and hotel projects and who are in search of funding.
The top regions with investment opportunities in the Hotel Infrastructure and Tourism sector are:
- Hilton: This American chain has 15 hotels in Colombia with more than 1,850 rooms.
- IHG: Holiday Inn hotels opened in Bogota and Cartagena, totaling 331 rooms.
- NH Hotels: It has 15 hotels in Colombia, with more than 1,600 rooms.
- Four Seasons: This luxury chain has 2 hotels in Bogota with 126 rooms in the more exclusive locations in the city.
Source: Top Media Outlets in Colombia
These are just some of the reasons to invest in Hotel Infrastructure and Tourism, read on to learn of more reasons why to make Colombia the destination for your projects.
Maria Andrea Villanueva
In PROCOLOMBIA we attend to companies, legal persons and national entities and foreigners who are interested in the direct investment in Colombia.
For the nature of our activities, we do not attend to requirements of investment of natural persons.
We suggest you review our Frequently Asked Questions on Investment in Colombia before you send us your inquiries.
If You are a corporate investor, please fill out our contact form.